As a volunteer for Nutrition & Services for Seniors, you will be providing an invaluable support system for seniors and home bound disabled adults in Jefferson and Hardin counties. Being a part of the Good Apple Corps will help seniors remain in their own homes and avoid unecessary and unwanted institutionalization.
Volunteers transporting meals help to stretch funds so that we continue to expand to meet a growing need. More volunteers allow more people to have a meal who are now going hungry. A volunteer may be the only person the home bound talk to that day.
Do you have:
- At least one hour per month of your time
- Vehicle with valid insurance and drivers license
- One gallon of gas
If you answered yes, then we need you!
- Work with you to select a route in an area convenient for you
- Provide training to include riding with you on your first day
- Provide meals and containers for delivery
- Ensure schedule flexibility
- Guarantee you will be the apple in a senior’s eyes.