President/CEO Job Opening
After 35 years of dedicated service, our beloved CEO is retiring. The Board of Directors of Nutrition & Services for Seniors is looking for a new CEO to provide leadership and vision. Please review the description below, as well as the rest of the information about our organization and community on our website seniormeals.org. If you think that you may be the right candidate, please email your resume and cover letter to CEOsearch@seniormeals.org. We hope to identify our new CEO by the end of the summer. Compensation will be commensurate with the qualifications of the candidate, but is expected to exceed $80k.
Classification: Regular full-time
Reports To: The Board of Directors
Meals on Wheels is a proven public-private partnership that effectively addresses the challenges of aging by promoting health and improving quality of life for our community’s most vulnerable seniors. Our organization also provides many other services to the elderly and disabled in two counties, Jefferson and Hardin. They include a very active Transportation Program, with as many as 400 trip per day, funded by multiple agencies; and a newly implemented Home Repair Program for client’s homes damaged by Hurricane Harvey in August 2017. Our home delivered meal and congregate meal programs serve over 1,600 meals per day all prepared on site in our central kitchen. Several other programs round out our services which are all carried out by a staff of 85 employees and a fleet of 38 SUV’s and wheelchair enabled busses. By leveraging our network, we not only keep seniors at home, where they want to be, but also save billions in tax dollars by keeping them out of more costly healthcare alternatives.
Staff and Board:
- Lead and empower an effective team, building strong morale and collaboration through compassion, courage, and integrity.
- Foster a climate which attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff of top- quality people.
- Serve as the principal liaison between the Board of Directors and staff.
Development and Marketing:
- Grow the profile of NSS by serving as its primary spokesperson, actively and effectively representing the brand and organization to partners, funders, community leaders, and the community at large.
- Execute a successful fund development strategy, working closely with the board to steward existing supporters and increase current levels of giving while identifying new funding sources, especially through building NSS’ major donor base and the utilization of new technologies.
- Optimize the momentum of current successful efforts, including government funding, direct mail programs and our Deliver the Difference Luncheon, while championing next generation fund development strategies, such as planned giving, corporate partnerships, and major gifts.
Budget and Finance:
- Demonstrate financial acumen in managing and growing NSS’ business model and activities, financial reserves, and operational stability.
- Be a business professional who can ensure NSS applies sound financial and administrative practice to deliver on its mission.
Program development and execution:
- Translate organizational goals and vision into a strategic plan to achieve NSS’ mission and vision of providing comprehensive senior care and social services for the Jefferson and Hardin county communities.
- Build community alliances with stakeholders to advance the mission and work of NSS; and engage in public policy advocacy at local, state, and national levels.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or higher with a minimum of 10 years progressive experience. Administrative business/management experience required. Experience in aging network helpful.